Friday, April 26, 2013

Wonderful Women

I had my book club the other night, and I wasn't sure I was going to go. I've been a bit depressed about losing my job, I didn't want to cry in front of these women, the meeting is pretty far away, and I didn't read the book. But having been inside the house all day sending out resumes, I needed to get out. So go I did.

These women are high-powered and smart--really, really smart. The smartest people I know. They are very successful in their careers, and I am feeling a bit like a failure (even though I know I'm not). The people who read the book talked about it for a few minutes, and then we all talked about life. I did cry in front of these women, but all I felt was love from them. They are as supportive as they are smart. And then we laughed about a ton of things: our kids, our jobs (or lack thereof), ourselves. And we ate good Thai food.

I am so grateful for these women. They are worth the very long drive to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment