Thursday, April 18, 2013

Missing Work

One of the hardest things about unemployment is not having a place to go in the morning. I was surprised to feel this way because I hate, hate, hate getting up in the morning. But I hate this even more.

Some days I feel okay with being let go, and some days I just feel stuck. I get my computer running, look at all the jobs sites and e-mails I've received and send out those resumes. Some days I get my computer running, and I just can't seem to do anything productive. Some days I feel able to tailor my resume and cover letter to the jobs available, some days I think I can't do any job except the exact one I did.

If I have to, I can do freelance work. But I really need the collaborative environment that a company provides; it's where I am inspired by the creativity of others, where I learn and grow and do my best work. I've only been unemployed for, technically, since Monday, but it feels like forever. So I know I need to learn some patience, but that's not something I'm really good at (just ask my son).

Well, I'll just keep plodding for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment